I have to say I am a popcorn-lover. I can sit in front of a micro-wave as happy as a child watching the bag grow big. Making popcorn in the microwave is already fun, but nothing can beat making it in a pan, waiting anxiously for that first ‘POP’. Even better is that when you make it in the pan you can add you own flavours, creating your own perfect mix in taste and colours. I will share with you my favourite :
- One bag of microwave popcorn salted OR around 100gr of dried corn and 2 tbsp of butter
- A handful of thin grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp The Good Spice Curcuma Longa Lakadong
- 2 tsp (fresh)grinded cumin
- 4 tsp sweet pimento (take the hot one if you like spicy)
- Mix the grinded cumin with pimento and grate the cheese very thin.
- Melt the butter in a baking pan and add the corn when it is melted/ Open the microwave bag and pour the corn and fat into the baking pan. Use a baking pan for which you have a lid that can cover it.
- Then add two tsp of Curcuma Longa Lakadong and stir for a minute so all the corn is covered with the butter/fat and turmeric (Curcuma).
- Put the lid on the pan and put it on high fire. Wait until you hear the first POP and then put it on low fire again.
- Now a lot of pops will follow. The popcorn is ready when you hear nothing for around 6 seconds.
- Be careful when you take the lid off: some popcorn might still pop.
- When the popcorn is still warm add the cheese and the spice mix and mix with your hands. Ready to dig in.