Walnut cinnamon sauce with spaghetti – at first thought maybe a strange combination,
but it is delicious, easy, and so comforting! And of course, a good cinnamon is
essential to get the rich flavour. You can also combine this sauce with chicken
or grilled paprika’s with some pomegranate.
Ingredients 2 persons
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 fine cut onion
- 1 fine cut garlic clove
- ¼ tsp The Good Spice turmeric powder -in store-
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp paprika powder
- 2 cloves
- 3 tbsp The Good Spice Ceylon cinnamon – in store –
- 100gr walnuts
- 2 dl veggie stock or chicken stock (if you use chicken stock you do not have to use the miso) *
- 1 tsp miso*
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tsp lemon zest (graded peel)
- Put on water to cook the spaghetti according the instructions on the package. Bake
the onion and garlic for 4 minutes in 1 tbsp butter.
- Add the spices, walnuts and miso if you use it. Stir for 2 minutes more or until you start to smell the
- Add the stock and cook for 10 minutes, then blend into a smooth mixture
with a blender.
- Take it from the fire and mix with the crème fraiche, lemon
juice and zest. Taste the sauce and add some black pepper, and some more salt
and lemon juice if necessary.
- Add a spoon butter to the spaghetti and serve with the sauce.