Can’t wait to have dinner with friends again?! This is one of my favourite dishes to serve to friends, the smell and flavours takes you to a Mediterranean summer night and the only thing you have to cut are some onions.
Ingredients 4-6 persons
- 2 onions
- 500 gr spinach
- 2 tbsp The Good Spice turmeric powder – in store –
- 2 tbsp dried mint (really different from the fresh one)
- 8 peeled garlic cloves
- 400 gr canned chickpeas
- 4 pickled lemons, chopped in small pieces (don’t cute long before you add them. They will get more bitter)
- 250 gr paneer (Indian cheese, can be replaced by mozzarella)
- Bake the onions in oil 6-8 minutes until they smell a bit sweet.
- Add the turmeric, mint
and garlic, stir for a few minutes until the garlic gets soft.
- Then add some water and the spinach bit by bit. Don’t stir the spinach but turn it around with two wooden spoons so it keeps a silken structure.
- When the spinach is all shrunk, add 250 ml water and the chickpeas.
- Let it cook on low heat for around 20 minutes.
At the moment the sauce thickens add the lemons and cheese. Cook it for another
15 minutes. Then taste the stew and add salt and pepper as much as you
You can serve it with pickled red onion (cut the onion in rings, some salt, vinegar, let
it rest for at least 15 minutes), flatbread and/or rice. For a full table you
can add hummus, tomato salad or boiled eggs.