No flour in the supermarket but you want to bake? Make a basic cakemix especially good! Add turmeric, orange and a pinch of cardamon.
- 4 eggs
- 200gr butter
- 200gr sugar
- 1/2 Koopmans cake mix (if you did find flour in your kitchen cabinet or supermarket 200gr flour, 7 gr baking powder, some salt).
- 1 tbsp The Good Spice turmeric powder – in store –
- Zest of one orange
- Heat the oven to 160C
- Mix the butter and sugar to a paste.
- Add the eggs and mix until it looks white/yellow. Add a pinch of cardamon seeds , zest of one orange and 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Then add cake mix slowly. Put the mix in a pre-buttered/oiled baking tray you like. Bake the cake for 65 minutes.
The fresher and better the turmeric the more tasteful the cake. How do you know?
Taste the turmeric on your finger. Is it really musty (muf) than it’s old. If you taste a hint of flowers than it is fresh. Some citrus flavour? You have a really good one.